Rules Last Updated 24 July 2022
A. General Composure
- Be nice and respectful towards everyone. Excessive swearing, rudeness, and harassment is not tolerated.
- Do not spam or advertise.
- Observers should never give tactical information to players or intentionally disrupt game play.
- Follow any directions given by a Overcast Community staff member. If you believe a staff member has directed you wrongly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note If you are concerned about links that may constitute advertising, please ask a staff member before posting.
B. General Gameplay
- Players may not abuse glitches, like placing blocks in areas restricted by the plugin to walk on, also known as "block glitching".
- Maps may have rules that apply only to that specific map. They can be read under
- Players may only press one button, and have it register as one click. Any behaviour that results in double clicks is prohibited.
- Jitter clicking is explicitly permitted.
- Butterfly clicking is discouraged as it is more likely to produce double clicks. Do so at your own risk.
- Drag clicking is explicitly prohibited, as it is generating more than one click with a single movement.
- If your mouse's debounce timer is configurable, it must be set to a minimum of 10 ms.
- Users may not knowingly degrade network resources, which includes unreasonable redstone clocking and excessive TNT explosions, among others.
- Users may not collect in-game data through automated means such as bot accounts, unless expressly approved.
C. Client Mods
- Any client mods or external tools that give you an unfair advantage over vanilla Minecraft users are illegal while playing.
- The following mods are explicitly permitted:
- ArmorStatusHUD / StatusEffectHUD
- LabyMod & 5zig
- Toggle Sneak / Sprint
- VoxelMap, or other Minimaps without radar and cave mapping
- Lunar Client
- Badlion Client
- Cosmic Client
- PvPLounge Client
- Inventory Sorters
- Mods that expose or enlarge the name-tags of players
- Automatic tool selectors
- Minimaps that show entity positions, or show caves/underground.
- Fly mods
- Damage/Health Indicator
D. Team Griefing
- Team griefing is prohibited, and is defined as any action that directly harms your own team.
- Common indicators of team griefing:
- Placing and/or setting off TNT in your base (for non-defensive purposes).
- Destroying your own team's chests or workbenches
- Teamkilling by spleefing or blowing them up with TNT.
- Aiding or working together with a member of the other team.
- Players may be kicked for breaking the rules. If the rule violation is severe, you may be banned instead.
- Players may be muted for breaking chat rules. If you have been muted before, the mute length may be longer.
- Evading a punishment by connecting with another account is not allowed, and may result in all your accounts and IP address being banned.
- Bans may be appealed by visiting the appeal page. Note All infractions are subject to staff discretion.
F. Bolt & Tournament
Bolt and Tournament rules can be found here.